The Commercial Incentive Prescriptive Custom Program offers a convenient way to receive funding for common energy efficiency projects. It provides financial incentives to business customers who implement qualified energy-efficient improvements and technologies.
Energy efficiency projects can have a quick payback period and improve your bottom line. If your company is considering upgrading to more energy efficient equipment or processes, now is your opportunity to help offset project costs and move forward with your project to lower your electricity use.
All commercial (non-industrial) customers in Kentucky Power service territory are eligible to participate.
Incentives are available for a variety of energy-saving technologies in existing buildings and new construction projects. Choose from a menu of prescriptive measures with standardized incentives. The program menu currently includes incentives for:
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Food Service and Refrigeration
The maximum payout is 50% of incremental equipment costs, up to $20,000 annually per project and customer account.
How the Program Works
- Complete the Retrofit Application for prescriptive and/or custom projects.
- Fill out and sign the pre-approval application section; submit it to Kentucky Power prior to purchasing equipment or committing to a project.
- Kentucky Power reviews the application. If the application is approved, you will receive a reservation letter to confirm your incentive funds.
- After the installation of the approved equipment, complete and sign the final application section; submit it to Kentucky Power within 60 calendar days of project completion.
- Kentucky Power reviews your final application and, upon approval, pays your incentive.
Download, save and fill out the Retrofit Application below to request prescriptive or custom incentives for changes to an existing structure.